Saturday, May 19, 2012

1953 Storybook Ranch

Attended this estate sale November 2009.

Modesto, CA

First off, I want to say that I have some conflicting information about this house. While I was there at the estate sale, the ladys that were running it told me that this house has had only one owner. They said that they built it in 1946, BUT I did a search on Zillow.com of this house and they said it was built in 1953. A lot of the design choices in the house seem more like 1953, so I myself want to say it was in fact built in 1953. There might be some parts of the house that were started in 1946, but I really cant say for sure. All I can say that this house was like a DREAM! So over the top mid century decorating! I loved it! See for yourself!











How incredible is this room! It was so over the top, but that is how I like it!

These adjustable light fixtures were spectacular, I assume the couch would have been places in front of this window looking out the back yard, and the lights would be on either side. LOVE! Oh and check out the wooden valance! The entire house had them and they were all different!

Unbelievable kitchen! I tried to pull up a corner of the carpet to see what the floor was like, but I was unable to...

This is the laundry room off the kitchen. It had fantastic marmoleum counter tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment