Saturday, February 11, 2012

Time Capsule Snippet

Oakland, CA

This estate sale was held in March of 2011. The house was fantastic and oh so original. It was built in 1948. However, it was a very busy and crowded one with not so friendly staff running the sale, so therefore I call this post a Time Capsule Snippet because of the lack of photos that I was able to take at the sale. We were able to get some goodies from here, except for some awesome geometric barkcloth curtains that were hanging in one of the bedrooms. I asked a staff person if they were for sale and he sternly said "NO!!!" I have asked to purchase curtains off the windows before and usually the staff is polite about it, but this guy was so rude. He did not have to act that way toward me.


This last photo of the immaculate bathroom was not taken by me. I stumbled upon it while this house was on the market. The other photos that were included along with this one showed the freshly remodeled interior.... All of that beautiful exposed wood was painted beige, all light fixtures were replaced with Home Depot specials: brass dome lights, and that cool brown asphalt tile was covered with beige carpet. I say boo. Needless to say those barkcloth curtains I wanted to buy went in the trash. Another time capsule bites the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment