Monday, February 6, 2012

1927 Tudor

Oakland, CA

We attended this sale in November 2011. This house had so many really neat original details as well as 1940s and 50s details. There were wonderful 40s window treatments including venetian blinds (We like to call them "shades with tape"). There was an incredible 20s bathroom with lavender tile and there was also a finished attic completed in the early 1950s I would say with a great wagon wheel chandelier. And as for the items for sale, there was tons of cheap old stuff! We got so many great things including amazing 30s wallpaper, which the cashier promptly gave me that confused glare wondering why in the world I was wanting all this brittle old wallpaper for. Actually now that I think about it I got tons of vintage paper all around from postcards to photographs to pamphlets. And I was there two days in a row digging this stuff out. But I dont care how many people think Im crazy. Im getting these fantastic vintage items and saving history from going in the trash. I love it!



 I wanted to buy these curtains and the 1940s shades with tape. They never want to sell me window treatment at estate sales! Why!?! They always remove them when the house goes on the market, why not sell them to a young guy who will love them?

No comments:

Post a Comment