Friday, August 26, 2011

1952 Stinky House


 Modesto, CA

I attended this one back in November 2009. This was a very tiny house built in 1952. It was also a bit smelly and very worn. It was not in the best of shape but it was complete! So much original details still remained! When looking at the ad in the newspaper for the sale, I noticed it was not in the best part of town. But I went anyway, and boy was I glad! The interior has so many goodies, both for sale and those that were attached to the house like stained wood ceilings, mid century room divider awesome kitchen and neat wallpaper. This was one of those sales where I bought so much stuff! One of my favorite finds was a huge stack of decorating magazines from the 1950s. Unfortunately my partner Jake was unable to come with me to this one, he still gets on to me for going without him to this one!






There was original carpet in the living room! COOL!
This divider between the living and dining room was one of the best features in this house!

2018 UPDATE:
We went to another estate sale in this same neighborhood and drove past where this house was and we are sad to report it has been demolished. Its just an empty lot. This is why I love to document these places, because they will not last forever, but they will last in photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment