Saturday, May 26, 2012

Time Capsule Snippet

Ripon, CA

Here is another time capsule snippet, (a quick view of a time capsule home). This estate sale was held in October of 2009, it was another very large and busy one. Lots of people to get in my way of my photos! But anyway, This house was just on the outside of town, it had a large piece of land and several out buildings. The main house looked to be built sometime in the 1940s with some funky design choices throughout the decades.

Click below for photos.





 This is one of the out buildings on the property.

 A Knotty Pine kitchen! Yay!
 I have a big affinity for streaky asbestos tile! (thats Javie and Javies mom's feet)
This patchwork shag carpet was in one of the bedrooms! So funky! When my mom saw this, she told me that my great aunt did this same thing in her house in the 70s. She just gathered scraps of carpet and made a patchwork like quilt out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment